Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Friday, 4 August 2017

July - 7th Day of Christmas

    

                                                                   7  Swans-a-swimming

                                                                                  Designed by Margaret Sherry



                            This month I have the pleasure of introducing a lovely lady representing
                      our lovely swans.  She loves to swim, and is modeling the latest equipment
                      that are a must at the pond.  
                                  
                                   I decided that she needed a little bling, which I added to her swim cap. 
                       Stitching her was a joy. The colors are wonderful!  I of course changed 
                       the backstitch colors.  I rather like seeing the darker accent color, rather
                       than what was charted.  I'm enjoying making these ladies my own.

                                  My version of Margaret Sherry's  7th Day of Christmas.

                                                                   7 Swans-a-swimming  



       




                                                                       The charted version





                                                    She is pretty stitched either way.  

                          Up next month is another pretty lady representing all those Maids-a-milking. 
                    See you all next month. Until then:       
                                               May your needles fly, and the frogs stay away!

                                       
                                                     XX - Creating Beauty Lady Stitcher 

11 comments:

  1. Wow did the format change! It was so pretty! Ah well. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She turned out awesome!! I think I like the darker back stitching on this also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do to. I used a really dark shade to contrast charmed colors. I like how it turns out for me more than the brown called for.

      Delete
  3. Great work. I like to change up my backstitch too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching, very pretty colours! She is so cute!
    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lilli. This series uses great coloring. I try to keep my outline colors, and substitute colors within the theme Margaret Sherry created.

      Delete