Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Wednesday 26 October 2016

Two months rolled into one....

Hi there!  It is nearly the end of another month... goodness me this year is flying by!

As we all know this month's theme is presents/toys.  What a fun theme... there were so many things to choose from in my pile of magazines but in the end I picked a nice quick one!


This little Christmas Bunny was a freebie from a late 1990's/early 2000's issue of Cross Stitch Collection (I think...)  She fits in with the theme as she is holding a beautifully wrapped Christmas present :o)

The kit came with 18ct Aida - it is stitched with one thread of DMC floss.  (In the old days if they said DMC it was most likely really DMC thread!)  I even managed to make up the card as soon as I finished the stitching (not often I do that!!)

So that was October.... onto November's Christmas Tree theme!

Now is this cheating... I hope not... I want to call it brilliant planning because I have already finished my Christmas Tree for November!!

This design was published in the Just Cross Stitch Christmas 2015 issue.  The designer is From the Heart ~ NeedleArt by Wendy.  I didn't use any of the recommended threads - instead the lettering is stitched in Dinky Dyes "Pilbara", the tree foliage in Dragon Floss "Stem Green" and the trunk and star in DMC.

So that's me done and ahead of the game for a change.....

Happy Christmas Stitching
Hugs xx

9 comments:

Marie said...

Un merveilleux petit lapin,tout mignon!j'adore

Brigitte said...

Oh great, you finished the little bunny with the Christmas gift. And also the alphabet on the tree ornament. Great! And yes, your planning was excellent, lol.

Khristine Doiron said...

Good for you being a head of the game!! :) Both your ornaments look great!!

Lili said...

Both ornaments are really pretty! The first one is so cute! Love the tree too!! ;)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done you! I remember the days of quality cover kits! Some even had linen and they always gave you enough thread to finish the thing. Thread which didn't snap in half when you stitched with it!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

  Very cute!

Kaisievic said...

Noni, these are two really great finishes - well done! I am still struggling with my October finish - nearly there but not quite. The Christmas bunny is so sweet.

Rita said...

I love them both! ....and you're ahead of schedule. Fantastic! I'm hoping to start my Nov. one today.

Bea said...

Woohoo, 2 cute decisions and just like that you're a month ahead of schedule Well done and terrific choices.